ABH-KNC - Reversible Altar Rail Kneeler Cushion
We make your reversible communion or altar rail kneeling cushions with the following features for beauty and durability:
- Reversible, Box style cushion
- Cord-filled welted edges
- Button-Tufted, Self-covered buttons give the cushions a smart, finished appearance and aid in long term wear. The buttons are attached top and bottom by a strong nylon twine. This holds the fabric to the foam filling, preventing the fabric from shifting and helping to maintain the shape of your cushions. (Available without buttons but fabric can slip)
- 2" Thick High-Quality Foam. 70lb compression. 2.8 Density
- By making your kneeler cushions without a zipper, you can flip them front to back and top to bottom for maximum longevity and wear.
- 15 Year Guarantee
- Custom Made in the USA to your exact measurements (Custom Items not returnable)
- Free Shipping to Church address in the Lower 48!
- Allow 60-120 days for delivery.
- Scroll to Bottom to see fabrics and measuring instructions.
- PRICING IS BY THE FOOT
When subject to normal church usage, these pew cushions are guaranteed to keep their shape and maintain their comfort for 15 years from date of purchase. Fabric wear is guaranteed by the fabric mill depending on the fabric chosen. This guarantee does not cover changes in color that can occur from sunlight. Does not apply to cushions that are mistreated or cleaned using unapproved cleaning methods.
How to Measure Curved and Mitred Pews and Altar Rails
Most curved cushions require a paper template. This is necessary to determine the radius of the curve and the angles of the ends. The best way to do this would be starting with a roll of paper 8 to 12 inches wider and also longer than the pew.
Lay the paper in the pew over-lapping the back and ends.
With a marker, trace the back of the seat (where seat & pew back meet) and the ends. This will give you the curve and total lenght.
Trim off the excess paper in the back and ends. Then you can trim the front.
Measure the pew width (front to back) and mark it on the pattern. The front trim of the paper does not have to be 100% accurate.
How to Measure Pews or Altar Rails with Angled or Mitered Ends
If cushions are curved, and angled on both ends, follow directions above for making a template.
If cushions are straight with mitred (angled) ends, furnish a sketch with all measurements as per below:
- Total lenght of the front of the cushion
- Total lenght of the back of the cushion
- Width (front to back) of cushion
About the Foam in our Cushions
- All our FOAM is the finest polyurethane available. The durability, as well as flexibility of polyurethane is equal to latex foam.
- This very firm foam will last many years where softer foams break down, causing "bottoming out" in a year or two.
- Our altar rail kneeling cushions and Altar Server kneeler have a 70 lb compression foam.
- We use an 80lb Bonded Foam in our Kneeling Hassocks for comfort and extra stability.
- Our foam will not dry out, crumble or become lumpy with prolonged use. It will provide a firm and comfortable cushion which will last!
Abbott Hall cushions are filled with top quality 100% Pure polyurethane foam.
Lay-in cushions feature a 2.7 density. We use only material from the finest Upholstery mills
like Chatham, Absecon and Guilford.
Choose from nine different fabrics and a full spectrum
In addition, on larger orders, we are also able to supply many
more specialized fabric choices and custom colors.
Each fabric is put through a battery of tests including surface abrasion, strength and tear resistance,
color fastness to light, water, flammability, and many more, to ensure its durability, safety, comfort, and long life. They will
have a minimum amount of stretch and dis-formation after use.
Mission Blue Mission Brick Mission Red Mission Green
Praise Tan Praise Green Praise Blue
Praise Gold Praise Burgundy
610 JADE 061 REGATTA 053 GOLD
601 MAROON 618 SPANISH RED 1141 LIPSTICK RED
Fabrics pictured may vary in color from the actual fabric sample. If in doubt, please request a sample fabric for approval.
Colors may vary slightly between dye lots
Additional Fabrics and colors may be available on request
On Occasion the manufacturer may discontinue a fabric or color
CLEANING PEW CUSHIONS
Our modern fabrics lend ease to cleaning. All carry a factory stain resistant
treatment: Scotchguard, Teflon or Blockaide.
We recommend periodic vacuuming as well as reversing to prevent accumulation of dust and prolonged wear. Occasional spot cleaning or bushing with a stiff light brush will add more life to the beauty of your cushions.
The cushions can be spot cleaned using most retail upholstery cleaning products.
Remember to test a small hidden area first.